Christmassy time of the year

I hopped onto Becky Higgins (isn't she the best!) blog for a few minutes this afternoon and got inspired by her family's holiday decor.  I may not be Becky but, I do have some favorite decorations around my house that make me feel merry and bright this time of year.  I wanted to share some of them with you.
An oldy but a goody, I used to sell tons of these stackers at Mckinney Trade days.  I saved on for myself and am glad it's still around.


My impromptu wrapping station came about because I was tired of dragging the gift wrap box out from under the bed every other day.  I love these colors and lots of polka dots!


To remind me what snowflakes look like :)


My sweet SIL gave this sconce to me for my birthday.  I'm looking forward to changing it's topper seasonally.


found this cute guy at a Christmas bazaar a few years ago with my mom.  Now he sits in the kitchen window.


LOVE this idea!  just turn a bell jar upside down, fill with ornaments and then cover the bottom to upright.  My bell jar is from West Elm but, I found it at the outlets for $4!  I know, SERIOUSLY filled with possibilities.


A close up of the Christmas tree.  I couldn't get the lighting right to take one of the whole thing.  It's fairly eclectic but tons of memories in those ornaments.


A new addition this year.  The letters were originally a plain white from Hobby Lobby and I jazzed them up with scrapbooking goodies.


My favorite...our nativity scene!  My mother in Law sent a section of it each year for several years.  I love having a beautiful nativity to remind us each year what we're really celebrating.
Here's a close-up of the garland.  Maybe if I get really on the ball, I'll post a tutorial of this one.  


That's all for now.  There's more, but my dinner is burning.  What are your favorite holiday decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment