September Wreath

The absolute longest month of the year for me is September.  The kids are back in school and our summer adventures are behind us.  Thus, I start looking forward to cooler weather and pumpkins.  But, the reality in southern Texas is, it's still summer.  Sweltering, humid, the swimming pool feels like bath water, summer.  A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling especially trunky for fall.  Seeing that it was approximately 103 degrees outside, I had two options.  Either, feel really sorry for myself, or turn the A.C. low, light a spicy candle and craft me up some autumn.

I chose option 2.
 My first project (of several to be revealed later) was this lovely burlap wreath. 
Burlap wreaths seem to be on every crafters to do list this fall.  Since I had yet to make one, I decided to join the burlap train.  It helped that Hobby Lobby had a display of needed materials staring at me right as I walked in the door.
There are tons of online tutorials that I perused to get me started.  But, I tweaked mine just a bit to add a little versatility to my wreath.  As I was about to hot glue my "S" to the wreath (making it a permanent situation)  I thought to myself, I've got some extra pipe cleaners here, why don't I use those instead.
It just took a staple gun, a couple of well situated pipe cleaners, and a few seconds to stick that bad boy on.  I also attached my big floppy green bow (actually a cheap scarf) using another pipe cleaner.  Now I have the option of mixing things up in a couple of months.  I'm thinking some indian corn for thanksgiving, a wooden snowflake for January, a pink polka dot bow and heart for February...you get the point.
Don't worry, I didn't forget about October and December.  It's just that those months are so special to me that they warrant their very own wreaths entirely.  Of course, this burlap confection would look pretty snazzy with a pumpkin or winter greenery attached too.
Now my front porch is slightly prepared for cooler weather, even if its months before we see any.

xoxo,
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Vegusbet คาสิโนออนไลน์ ชั้นนำแนวหน้าของ Asia เราคัดสรรค์เกมออนไลน์คุณภาพจากทั่วทุกมุมโลกมารวมไว้ในที่เดียว เพื่อความสะดวกสบายของผู้ใช้งานครบทุกรูปแบบ ทั้งในส่วนของเกมคาสิโน เช่น เกมยิงปลา, คาสิโน, เกมสล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์, รูเล็ต, Vegus168 เกมไพ่ดัมมี่, บาคาร่าออนไลน์ และ ในส่วนที่ขาดไม่ได้เลยคือ พนันเดิมพันกีฬาออนไลน์ ที่มีทั้ง แทงบอลออนไลน์, แทงสเต็ป ขั้นต่ำเพียง 10 บาท, แทงบอลเดี่ยว พร้อมกลุ่มนำแทง ทีเด็ดบอลชุด และ อื่นๆอีกมากมาย.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ดูหนังออนไลน์ hd หนังใหม่18+ มาแรงอัพเดทใหม่ทุกวัน ดูฟรี ไม่มีสะดุด ไม่ต้องเป็นเมมเบอร์ หนังไทย หนังฝรั่ง ซีรี่ย์เกาหลี Netflix ครบทุกแนว มีให้ดูมากกว่า 1000 เรื่อง ดูฟรี 24 ชม.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a great article.
    You are providing wonderful information, it is very useful to us.
    Keep posting like this informative articles.
    Thank you.

    Get to know about ms office 2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. A network operations center also called a NOC, is a location from which IT technicians provide support services for remote monitoring and management software. In the growing managed IT services industry, NOC teams play a significant role.

    managed services model

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a great and inspiring blog post. I just want you to know that I enjoyed reading your post. http://www.hairicc.com/los-angeles

    ReplyDelete
  6. โปรโมชั่นสุดพิเศษ!! กับ vip สูตรบาคาร่า มี คอลเซ็นเตอร์ ให้คำปรึกษาตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง คอยรับฟังช่วยเหลือแก้ไขปัญหาพร้อมบริการ คุณสอบถามโปรโมชั่นเครดิตฟรีและสมัครสมาชิกได้ตลอดเวลา

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 13377x is a website that acts as a directory, for torrent movies, games, apps and magnet links.

    ReplyDelete